Infrastructure and Water Issues are a top priority for me. Without playing the blame game, let's look at where we are at the present moment:
- The proper measures haven't been taken to fix the roads and sidewalks.
- The roads and sidewalks haven't been built using best practices and crumble easily.
- Water consumption is outpacing demand. (For more on this subject consult here)
The results of this present predicament are clear:
- Our streets require improvement to ensure they are safe for all.
- In order to avoid water shortages, we need to increase the supply.
My commitments to Hudson
Here is my action plan:
Fix the roads
- Compile a priority list and start building.
- Take care of roads and crumbling infrastructure before growth.
- Ensure that new roads are multi-modal.
Fix the water supply
- Improve percolation rates and aquifer recharge through water sensitive urban design.
- Work with the regional council (MRC) and watershed council (COBAVER-VS) and speak up for Hudson.
- Identify and execute on finding new sources of water.
Fix Stormwater Management
- Use the watershed properly and integrate its functioning into planning.
- Provide tax incentives for on-site management of stormwater.